Stagnation

 
  I got nothing. Nada. Zilch. No inspiration. I've silently been waiting for the muse to show up. But it hasn't. Some people call this writer's block. I call it stagnation.I have been stagnant in writing my blog. How can a writer be blocked living in a world like this with so many topics  to write about? There's always something in the news  to ponder. Opinions to postulate. But lately my blog has suffered from my stagnation.
          It's not that I can't (on purpose double negative; that means I can find something to write about)  I could extol the merits of volunteers, using those who give of their time selflessly at the YCMA. in my city. Without the aid of these folks, the Parkinson's programming at the Y would suffer deep setbacks. From teaching participants how to play the harmonica to holding  the boxing bag in Rock Steady Boxing to teaching a class to work on our speech--all of this is possible because of the efforts of a few.
    I could wax poetic about the virtues of volunteering and  how those who give of their time gain personal rewards. I consider the dozens of people who make up the workforce of the food pantry at my church. Those dedicated individuals reap more than the time they sow. Just talk to a time-giver and you will hear stories of changed lives. Only the lives being changed aren't only the clients' lives but those of the volunteers as well.
   Or I could switch gears entirely and I could write about my latest Parkinson problem--my poor typing skills.  How what took me an hour and an half to compose and edit before, now takes half a day. So why bother with a blog then?  It's just a waste of  time. Granted, it isn't without vexations. But for me, it's therapy. My mind engages on a certain level, and  I don't  want to lose that. There are those who think it's lost already, but believe me, it isn't. I  may have to spend  extra time proofing and correcting my words, but that's okay.They are my thoughts and feelings. It's good for me to practice typing and to recall grammar rules and to think of words. But most of why I do this is for enjoyment. I like to write, to challenge myself to find more interesting ways of presenting my thoughts. It's something Parkinson;s hasn't robbed from me, and I don't plan on letting go until I have to.
    See, I told you there can't be writer's block in the world we live. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raise a Hallelujah

The Great Escape

Change